* Dubai is a hub that directly supplies 650 million people.
* Through re-exports we can reach the 1.7 billion Muslims in the world (they look for Halal products).
* In the gulf there are several of the countries with the highest GDP per capita in the world, above US $ 80,000.
* They import about 80% of what they consume. Great opportunity for Chilean companies.
* Chile represents 0.06% of UAE imports. In order to increase this number, certifications are being carried out by the Islamic Center of Chile, together with the Chilean Arab Chamber of Commerce.
– Very young population:
– 54% under 30 years.
– Strong immigration and tourism.
– 85% of the population is foreign in countries like UAE
The gulf is usually entered through Dubai, a city that supplies about 650 million people directly, and over 2,000 million indirectly, being an export hub. The area includes some of the countries with the highest GDP per capita in the world, above US$ 80,000 and 100,000. There are countries that import over 90% of the products they consume (Qatar for example, imports 97% of their food). This is a great opportunity for Chile to supply this market, aligned with the government’s objective of converting Chile into a food power.
Chile represents 0.06% of UAE imports, and Dubai is also the gateway to the Islamic world, with more than 1.7 billion people, looking for Halal-certified products, a requirement to be consumed by Muslims. We are currently accrediting the Halal certification in Chile, so that it is recognized in the gulf. Accreditation and future certifications that are being carried out jointly by the Chilean Arab Chamber of Commerce and the Islamic Center of Chile.
In the Middle East, the population is very young, 54% is under 30, they have high growing rates, and are sustained by immigration and strong tourism as 85% of the population is foreign in countries like UAE. Population growth, coupled with high incomes, makes the area a great opportunity for Chilean products.