Arab countries have several of the largest sovereign wealth funds in the world, along with a large community of entrepreneurs who have been investing around the world for some years.
We seek to boost investments such as:
• DP World bought the ports of San Antonio and Lirquén for US $ 502 million.
• Qatar Airways bought 10 of LATAM for US $ 613 million.
• ADIA partners in the project of the emblematic Territoria Apoquindo shopping center.
• Arab funds have in their priorities investments in infrastructure and real estate, agribusiness, logistics, tourism and energy. Considering the great deficit of public works that exists in Chile, over US $ 15 billion, Arab funds can become the ideal partners.
• ADIA (Abu Dhabi Sovereign Fund) bought 20% of the Chilean subsidiary of ABERTIS, becoming a minority partner in Autopista Central (Santiago), Rutas del Pacífico (Santiago – Valparaíso / Viña del Mar), Autopista del Sol (Santiago – San Antonio), Los Libertadores Highway (Santiago – Hill – Los Andes), Elqui Highway (Los Vilos – La Serena) and Los Andes Highway (Los Andes to Villa Alemana).
The total investment was US$ 553 million.